Welcome to the
Department of Communication
The Department of Communication is within the College of Arts & Sciences and currently serves approximately 600 majors. Communication majors may choose from one or more of the following concentrations: Broadcasting, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, and Theatre.
The mission of the Department of Communication is to prepare students to be effective and ethical consumers and producers of personal and public communication. To that end, the department serves all students in the development of basic communication skills and of an appreciation for mass media, public communication, and theatre.
- New internship now accepting applications
August 15, 2016 (Monday)
- Spring/Summer 2016 Newsletter Added
June 29, 2016 (Wednesday)
- Associate Professor Strout receives national social media grant
June 06, 2016 (Monday)
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
October 01, 2016 (Saturday)
- The Importance of Being Earnest
November 17, 2016 (Thursday)
- Boeing, Boeing
February 16, 2017 (Thursday)