Request an Appointment
If you do not have an internship and are requesting guidance on how to find one, click here.
Request to take CO 4053
If you have an internship and are interested in getting course credit for it, click here.
Where are you Interning?
We like to keep up to date on the wonderful things our students are doing. If you do not need course credit but have still secured an internship, please let us know here
CO 4053 Requirements
- Be a communication major
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Have completed 60 hours of course work at time of internship (junior or senior standing)
- Have taken introductory classes in his/her concentration
- Have an approved internship in his/her concentration
- Work a minimum of 120 hours at the internship during the semester enrolled
In order to take CO 4053, a student must:
Click here for ways to receive credit for your internship
Career Center Course Information
For questions about receiving course credit through the Career Center, please contact Lisa Gooden-Hunley at firstname.lastname@example.org in 335 McCain Engineering.
For general career counseling, resume review, or mock interviews, please contact Daniel Morgan at email@example.com.
For questions about Washington, D.C. Internships, please contact Caragh Boyles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on receiving credit through the Career Center: http://www.coop.msstate.edu/internships/.
For general career center information: http://www.career.msstate.edu.
General Internship Information
Click here for general internship information.
Click here National Association of Colleges and Employers Internship Criteria.
Click here for information about internship scholarships.
- MSU Athletics (Marketing)
- MDOT (Public Affairs)
- Jackson Free Press (Journalism)
- Adonis by Anne Taylor Duease (PR)
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab (PR and Journalism)
- High Performance Computing Collaboratory (PR)
- MAFP (Event Planning)
- UPS Social Media (PR)
- UPS Public Relations (PR)
- Horne Cyber (PR)
- Shared Advancement Services (PR)
- The Juilliard School Professional Apprentice Program (Theatre)
- Statewide Federal Credit Union (PR)
- MSU Student Affairs (Marketing/Communication)
- MSU Division of Development and Alumni (PR)
- Peritus (PR)
- Peritus Public Affairs
- STYLE Advertising (PR and Social Media)
- Office of Admissions and Scholarships – (Deadline November 23)
- Bagley College of Engineering (PR, Journalism)
- Scout.com (Sports Journalism, Video, and Social Media)
- Washington Media Institute (Media)
- Starnes Publishing (Editorial, Design, or Digital)
- New Stage Theatre
- MPAEF Internship Program (Journalism)
- Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (Event Planning)
- The Cirlot Agency (PR)
- Sullivan Branding (PR)
- Obsidian (PR)
- MSU International Institute (PR)
- Sports Thread (Journalism)
- Coca-Cola Public Affairs and Communications (PR)
- Fancred Social Media (PR)
- Children's Theatre Company (Theatre)
- Weber Shandwick (PR)
- American Civil Liberties Union (PR)
- Morgan Myers (PR)
- Manhattan Theatre Club (Theater) (semester long, paid!)
- NFL Summer Internship Program & NFL Films (Broadcasting, PR)
- NFL Team Internships (PR)
- Nationwide Sports Internships (under Resources section)
- Hartford Stage (Theater)
- NBC Universal (Broadcasting)
- The Television Academy Foundation
Stay in Touch
Facebook: MSU Communication Internship Program
MSU Career Center